Wednesday, September 24, 2008

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

I want to start off by saying that since Raylee has been going to school, she has never gotten into any trouble. She started with all day Pre-K and is now in the 2nd grade. So, 3 years of nothing but good things from her. And I also want to say that I don't try to compare my children, it's just amazing to me how different they can be at times. That being said, I got a phone call at 2:49 this afternoon from the kids' school. It was Brayden's teacher. She said that there had been an incident on the playground and Brayden was in so much trouble that he was having to call me and tell me what he had done. So she puts my almost 5 year old on the phone. "Mommy?" "Yes, Bubba." "A boy pushed me." he said. I hear in the background his teacher saying, "Nooo, bubba, tell her what you did." So, he proceeds, "Mommy, I bit a boy." "You bit a boy??" I said. I really couldn't believe it. He has never been a biter ever! He's a pretty laid back little boy and it takes quite a bit to make him mad enough to do anything. So, I tell him that biting is not okay EVER, and that he needed to apologize to the little boy and to his teacher. Etc, etc. His teacher got back on the phone and told me that she couldn't see exactly what was going on because they were at the top of the playground equipment. She stated that she started to walk towards the slide and here they both came flying down it. When they got to the bottom, Brayden grabbed the little boy and to quote her, "bit the mess out of him. And there was a pretty good mark." She also said that Bray had told her that the other boy had shoved him and that is why he had bit him. I felt SO embarrassed because biting is just terrible and I know how mad I would be if I was in the other parents shoes. His teacher said she would fill in the other boys parents in on what had happened. She told me not to feel bad because Brayden is a good little boy for 95% of the time. Which did make me feel better. She stated that it was policy for them to call parents when biting occurs and that next time he would be sent to the principal's office. *SIGH*
So, when Brayden got home, we discussed what had happened again, and I made him promise me that he would never bite again and that if someone was being mean to him, he was to either walk away from them or go and tell the teacher. So, he promised and we called his Memaw (my mom). I heard him tell her that they were standing at the bottom of the steps to the slide and Brayden went to climb them and the little boy tripped him, then pushed him and then he pushed Brayden's bestfriend. So he chased him up the steps and down the slide and bit him!! Goodness, what drama for a bunch of 4 and 5 year old boys, huh? lol So, just a little over a month into Brayden's first year of school and I get a call from the teacher. My mom says, "Boys will be boys." I suppose that's right. ;o)

2 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Wow, that little boy must've really made Brayden mad. I don't condone the biting, obviously, but the other little boy sounds like he needed to put in his place, though. I hope Brayden has a better day today.

Rebekah said...

If it's any consolation Nathaniel pinched the far out of a kid last year and the kid bit him. I just wonder sometimes what makes this older kids resort to toddler behavior. Generally I think that when they start something new like a new class or new school they will regress in some area and it seems like this is where he regressed. But don't worry it is more than always short lived and often only happens once. But I know how embarrassing it is, I couldn't believe it last year when Nathaniel was pinching, I was so shocked.
BTW how do you get those pretty leaves on your background?