Thursday, August 21, 2008

School + Birthdays = Busy



Raylee and Brayden started school last Tuesday. Raylee is in the 2nd grade now and Brayden is attending full day Pre-K. They go to the same school which is a good thing. They were both SO excited for school to start it was ridiculous. I don't think either one of them got hardly any sleep the night before. School seems to be going well, though. Brayden has gotten stickers everyday so that means he's behaving himself! He comes home so dirty though, and has more bruises than ever it seems. Raylee, of course is doing well. Completing her work and behaving well. Hasn't had to bring any homework home yet. She is disappointed that they don't have snacks in 2nd grade anymore, however. LOL Today is picture day, so I'll be having to get her up a little earlier to fix her hair. Here's a pic of them on their first day!

My mom came in for a visit and to help with the start of school. It's always nice having her around and I miss her a lot since she moved last year. She really enjoyed the kids and especially getting to spend some time with Grayson, who really seemed to favor her. ;o) Her birthday was the 12th (the first day of school). So we went and got some BBQ and I baked her a cake. My birthday was on Saturday the 16th. I turned 29 this year, my twenties are falling away from me!! lol It was a pretty good birthday, we went over to the in-laws and had cake with them. My BIL got his guitar out and sang and goofed around, which was great. Then my mom and I, along with my BIL and SIL went out to a local Country bar and enjoyed some drinks. I watched them dance as I don't really know how! LOL It was still fun though. It'd been a LONG time since I'd done anything like that. It's always nice to have a break. My mom left yesterday which was a bummer. Hopefully she'll be back soon. My mom and I on my birthday. ;o)




No comments: