It truly amazes me how fast time goes by. I feel like I have fallen behind and I will never catch up. I try to live each day the best I know how. I'm so thankful for my children and the joy they bring to my life. They mean so much to me, and I hope that through my words and actions they know just how much I cherish them. It is now a brand new year. 2009. I wonder what this year has in store for my family and I. Mostly good things I pray. Joel is now working in Louisiana, it's supposed to be a 3 week job. With more to come elsewhere after it's done. Of course we miss him while he's away but are thankful that he is able to work especially during these hard times.
Today is also the day we get a new President. I have been and will continue to pray for Barrack Obama.
Raylee Jo had a "Gorilla Pride" program at her school this morning. It's something her school does each week. And each class gets to host it throughout the week. They did a little skit, in which Raylee had two lines, which she pulled off beautifully. She actually volunteered to do a speaking part. And with her speech issues it makes me so happy that she wants to put herself out there. I'm SO very proud of her. She loves school and her friends so much and is up and ready each morning on her own. We bought her an alarm clock a few months ago and she loves it. Sets it each night, and even wakes mommy up if the snooze button is hit one too many times. LOL
Brayden is doing well in school. We get the occasional note home from his teachers, saying he had a rough day or was throwing fits. But, nothing too serious in awhile. He still loves to sit on my lap and is a total momma's boy. I enjoy this time, I know too soon he won't be wanting to kiss me goodbye in the mornings. This morning as I was leading the kids into school, we had a mishap. I pick up my niece, Caydence in the morning, so I was holding her hand, then she had Raylee's, and Raylee had Bubba's. We were all in a line. I guess Bray wasn't watching where he was going and he was pulled into the mirror of a car. He immediately burst into tears! ( I just now realized I didn't make sure the mirror was okay!!! ) I quickly gave him a hug and proceeded to cross the parking lot. When we got to the walkway I let the girls go and picked him up and carried him inside to sit down so I could have a look. He was still crying, tears everywhere. When I finally saw the lump, it made my stomach hurt. It was big and bulging and purple. At once the principal and Bray's teacher were beside us for a look and sent us to the nurse. She checked his pupils and took down his name so she could check on him throughout the day. She gave him some ice for it. Poor guy. I went to his class after the program to make sure he was okay and he said he was fine, didn't feel sick or dizzy. So, I left him. *SIGH*
On to Mr. Grayson. He is now seven months old which is just beyond amazing. ( I know I say that each month! ) He can pretty much get where he wants. He rolls and scoots. He'll get up on all fours and rock, then he'll do a push up so he's up on his toes. lol He'll then collapse into what I call the skydiver position. Because it looks just like he's practicing to skydive. lol It's really cute. He's still not a big eater as far as food goes. Still liking squash and just recently decided he likes bananas. HOORAY! He's a very happy baby for the most part. He very much enjoys his mornings. Not sure where he gets that from! lol He is taking his mid-morning nap at the moment, so it is quiet except for the trumpets on the tv for the Inauguration. With that I suppose I should go watch it. ;o)
1 comment:
Good job Raylee! Poor Brayden! He's a tough little guy. I'm glad that Grayson has decided that he likes bananas too! I'm glad you husband has a job, but thats got to be tough on y'all him being gone for several weeks at a time. Glad to know that y'all are alive and doing well!!
Post a Comment