Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Swing

We sold the baby's swing today. Much to my dismay. Every inch of my being did not want to let that darn swing go. I sat there and cried looking at it as I waited for Joel to come take it to the van. I know it's not really the swing itself that I am so upset about. The swing is merely another symbol of babyhood. And its departure is just something else telling me that I won't have a "baby" much longer. Yes, Grayson will be my last child, and I tell myself that is why all of this is bothering me so much. When I gave birth to him, I didn't think that him being the youngest would bother me at all. I would be "relieved" that he is my last. And don't get me wrong, I don't want anymore children. I'll be glad when I STTN and there or no more diapers to change. Well, actually, maybe I'll be crying over that too! LOL


It doesn't make anything any easier knowing that just yesterday Gray stood alone on several occassions for the first time either. Here's a couple pics of the swing I'll miss so much. Look at my sweet little baby. :o(

4 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

It's so hard to get rid of those baby things. It doesn't get any easier either, when they can start picking out that favorite shirt or outfit & want to wear it over & over until it's busting at the seems. Then you have to get rid of it. Yeah, I'm not emotional or anything, lol.

HUGS!!!

MeghanM said...

Awwww I can imagine how you feel. Right now, Mike and I are saying that we're not having any more kids, and I know that I really do mean it. But at the same time, we are young still and we don't know what kind of career I will have and if money is good we might consider another down the road. So I haven't done all of the last baby mourning since I know it's not 100% definite. And I like it that way...I'd be crying over EVERYTHING if I knew that Anthony was my last. Hugs!

Jodie said...

It has been hard for me to Sara grow up these past several months. As much as I would love to have another baby, I just don't know if my body could handle it. So, I understand what you are going through. I still can't believe that our babies are going to be turning 1 in the next several weeks. Where has the time gone?

Rebekah said...

((((HUGS)))) It is so hard to get rid of those things. I still cannot bring myself to take the Rescue Heroes toys out of Nathaniel's room. He doesn't play with them anymore but those are symbols of him being little to me and not being big like he is now. I just cannot let them go. I know how you feel.