Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pulling It Out

I wasn't going to write about this, but I've been really working myself up over it and thought maybe it would help just to get it out there.

Tomorrow, Brayden will be going to the dentist to get one of his molars pulled. It had gotten infected, so he's been on antibiotics in order for them to do the procedure. I know it probably sounds like no big deal, but for me it is. Anytime my children have to have anything done, I freak out. It's like I just can't NOT stress about it. For one thing, they are doing an in office sedation. On the form it says that he cannot eat or drink after 8AM tomorrow morning. Well, his appointment isn't until 2:30. :o( So, I know he's going to be miserable even before he gets into the dentist. On top of that I'm just worried about how the sedation will go, as things happen sometimes. And all I can do is pray that those "things" don't happen to my child. And when all goes well, the pain he'll be in afterwards. I'm just so upset about it, and of course my dear husband doesn't understand what all the fuss is about. So, I'm making him go back with Brayden, so he can keep an eye on him. Bray will do better with him anyways. But, I feel like a terrible mother for letting his tooth get that bad.

I wish I knew how to cope better when things like this come up. As much as I wish they wouldn't happen at all, they are bound too. I hate worrying like I do, and I hate being upset. I just pray that everything goes as smoothly as it can tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Awww...that is tough. I hope that everything goes well with Brayden's dentist trip.