Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Parent Teacher Conferences 1st quarter

The kids had PTCs tonight. Raylee's was at 5:15 and Brayden's was at 7:30. I was unable to get them together unfortunately. Raylee's teacher said that she is doing so great this year, and is right where she needs to be. I'm so relieved to hear this and could see a change in her comprehension and maturity already. She has a 97% in Math, which is just incredible. Her teacher also noted, with enthusiasm, that Raylee is talking more, participating and is one of the first ones to finish up her work. As far as speech goes, she only has one sound that she is still working on, and that is the r.

Brayden, academically is awesome. He has Mastery in everything, which is as good as you can get. But, he has difficulty keeping his hands to himself, following directions, and listening. We recently started using computer time as a reward. If he gets good comments from his teacher, he gets 30 minutes of computer time each evening. This has been working, and I'm hoping that it will continue to improve as time goes.

Tomorrow is the beginning of Fall Break for us. The kids will have a five day weekend. So, after Bray gets his tooth pulled tomorrow, we will have to find stuff to keep us busy! Maybe we'll be able to go to the pumpkin patch. ;o)

4 comments:

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Woo hoo those sound like great reports!

Jodie said...

Sounds like the kids are doing great!

MeghanM said...

Sounds great! Also, sorry to hear about Brayden's tooth :-( Hopefully this is harder on you than him.

Rebekah said...

GREAT job to both of them! And how did Braydens tooth pulling go? I understand you being upset. I would have been just as bad if not worse.